Thoughtless
Remember Me
Sophie Kinsella
This Girl (Slammed, #3)
Colleen Hoover
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
Samantha Young
Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
Toni Blake
Entwined with You - Sylvia Day I had SUCH high hopes for this one as I absolutely loved Bared to You and Reflected in You. But this book was very boring and will surely end up as my most disappointing read of 2013.

When my girlfriend at 2013’s RT Kansas City first reported that Sylvia Day told attendees Crossfire series would be a 5 book series, I was beyond ecstatic, but now?? I’m firmly convinced this should have been a 3 book series.

As I read this via audiobook, I began to not pay attention - sometimes even walking away, beyond earshot - during Eva and Gideon’s sex scenes! And trust me, I NEVER flip through sex scenes! I’m the person that gets a new adult book rec from someone and immediately asks, “Ok…but how hot is the sex?” But with Entwined, although it was loaded with sex, probably in an attempt to make up for an incredibly thin plot, I kept routinely checking my audiobook progress during the last few hours, wishing I would hurry up and reach the end.

Nothing really happened – development wise – in this installment. The only mildly entertaining moment, for me, was when Gideon surprised Eva with a prenup accompanied by a red rose . I thought finally NOW this is getting interesting!!! But that lasted for about 5 minutes…

I actually began enjoying Eva’s scenes with her ex-lover, the sexy rocker Brett Kline, more than her scenes with Gideon. I liked that there was still sexual tension and heat where Brett was concerned, and because I was so bored with Eva and Gideon, I latched on to it! I can’t recall ever reading a romance book and beginning to root for the heroine to be with someone other than the hero, but that happened with Entwined. That’s definitely a first for me.

Then the book’s ending was abrupt and unusual. It felt like the end of a chapter, not the end of a book. I was so confused, I actually hit rewind, thinking I’d somehow accidently hit the fast forward button. But no, that was actually how the book ended :(

Will I continue with the Crossfire series despite my dislike for this installment? Yes. My love for Bared to You and Reflected in You has me hoping for the glory days. I can’t quit, but my excitement for this series is seriously diminished. Really hoping things turn around for the better with the final 2 books.