Thoughtless
Remember Me
Sophie Kinsella
This Girl (Slammed, #3)
Colleen Hoover
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
Samantha Young
Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
Toni Blake
Lothaire - Kresley Cole I want his Russian Filth :)

If there was ever going to be a book to make me make good on my New Year’s resolution to update Goodreads more...it was going to be this book. I need an intervention. It’s barely been out 1 month; I’ve already read it twice; and I’m dying to do it again...It was THAT kind of awesome.

#10 (Malkom and Carrow) was one of the best in the IAD series, so Cole had already proven that she can still crank out the hits. And while I also loved #11, I wanted more pages dedicated to hot Regin and Declan smut. So for Lothaire, the ultimate, witty, scene-stealing bad boy, who often had the best lines in other Loreans’ stories, the expectations were extremely high. I was hella nervous, almost afraid to ask my speed-demon reading girlfriends what they thought. And what does Kresley Cole do? She gives me one of the hottest and entertaining PNR books I’ve ever read. And also one of the funniest books I’ve ever read, in any genre.

To pair the arrogant vampire with a human girl born and raised in the Appalachian Mountains resulted in comedy bliss, like Lothaire and Ellie’s discussion on why she can’t possibly be his fated mate:

"Because fate would not slight me so unspeakably. I'd seek a noon-day sun if I were paired with one such as you."
"Such as me," she repeated blandly. She'd been mocked too often over her lifetime to take offense. Her skin was as thick as armor.
"Yes, you. An ignorant, mortal Kmart checkout girl." He took the sharpest knife from his place setting, absently turning it between his left thumb and forefinger.
"Kmart? I should have been so lucky. Those jobs were hard to come by. I worked at my uncle's outfitter shop."
"Then you're even worse. You're an outfitter checkout girl with aspirations for Kmart."

I. F*cking. DIED. And there are just countless moments and interactions like this throughout the book. Even during an immediate re-read of Lothaire, I found myself laughing just as hard the 2nd time around.

And wow....The Sex...There was no formula here. No major impediment to the “big claiming scene” that doesn’t come until the end. NO. There was wicked hot sex throughout. This is the HOTTEST IAD book, period. Loved the love scenes, including the creative feeding. Whoever works for her publisher, Gallery, and ok’d this? Needs to stay assigned to Cole’s books.

The Audiobook. Let me tell you, I don’t care if you have the hardcover already. Get the audiobook, too, just so you can hear narrator Robert Petkoff’s killer job on Lothaire’s Russian filth. The way he...[excuse me]...*fanning myself*....There’s reading “F*ck! Hot little piece!” and “Fuck Elizavetta!” on the pages of a book...and then there’s hearing Petkoff’s renditions that are so good, you think to yourself, “did things get awkward in the recording studio?” He’s that good. In full disclosure, I’m not a huge fan of Petkoff’s IAD heroine voices, but his Scottish Lachlain and his Russian Lothaire are so fantastic they more than make up for his girl voices, which in my opinion, sound a little too much like a guy trying to sound like a girl.

Nucking Futs Nix. Very touching and revealing moments between Nix and Lothaire. Getting to learn about their entire history was a welcome surprise and part of what made this book so perfect and complete. Lothaire stayed true to character, deadly and sinister, all the way through to the very last line! The only thing that bothered me in this book was Ellie's nickname for Lothaire. I wanted to strangle her after she butchered up his name like that...other than that? Perfection. I’ve always listed IAD as my 2nd favorite PNR series. I think Lothaire pushed it to the top.