Thoughtless
Remember Me
Sophie Kinsella
This Girl (Slammed, #3)
Colleen Hoover
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
Samantha Young
Willow Springs (Destiny, #5)
Toni Blake
Playing Easy to Get - Kresley Cole, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jaid Black I based my rating on The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole (5 stars) and Hunter’s Oath by Jaid Black (3 stars). I skipped Sherrilyn Kenyon’s story, Turn Up The Heat, based on friends’ comments here.

The Warlord Wants Forever is a short story that introduces readers to the immensely popular Immortals After Dark Series. If you actually started out the series with book one, “A Hunger Like No Other”, then you’ve already met the h/h of this story: valkyrie Myst the Coveted, and turned vampire and general of the Forbearers army, Nikolai Wroth. In A Hunger Like No Other, Myst and Wroth are already a couple, so like me, you may have considered skipping this anthology because you know how their story ends and Myst and Wroth just trace in and out of a few scenes in book one, but don’t make a huge impression – well DON’T! Don’t skip their story! Although The Warlord Wants Forever is considered a short story, it’s a nice meaty 150 pages, and makes up nearly half of this “anthology”. In true Kresley Cole form, the story and bond between the h/h was extremely sexy, passionate, and palpable. In the beginning, they hurt and/or planned to hurt each other, although their attraction to one another was making matters difficult. Great tension here! And when Wroth finds Myst after five years of sexual torture (which was inflicted by her), his pain and wanting come across so real…..Add to that a moving ending and a HEA. The Warlord Wants Forever is the best story in this book; I pretty much re-read it just as soon as I was finished. I was really that good and worth the cost of this entire anthology.

I also enjoyed Hunter’s Oath. It was a little short, but since that meant more room for Wroth & Myst, I was happy! The beginning of Hunter’s Oath took a little adjusting as they kept referring to women as “wenches.” Once I got over that, it was smooth sailing and a wonderful, sweet story. Somehow, the author took the scenario of a young lonely woman being snatched by a “bride-hunter”, taken to a secret underground Viking world, then placed onto an auctioning block and sold into marriage to a sexy nobleman…..and yet the heroine and the reader will still fall hard for this Viking hero ;)